Monday, April 11, 2011

Restaurant File - Twisted Fork Grille


So my mom and I were driving down Grand Ave the other day and saw a new restaurant on Grand and Hamline....okay it could be a few years old but it was new to me! It is in the same building on The Green Mill and it is called Twisted Fork Grille. So I decided to try it out one night...and then again the next day!

So my first experience was dinner with my friend Erin. We met on a week-day night and were able to get a table right away without a reservation. The menu is mostly American bistro food, such as a Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, Warm Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Chutney, Bison Meatloaf, and Walleye with Rice Cakes. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

My friend Erin and I both ended up ordering the same entree. We had the Chicken with Mushroom Risotto. It was described in the menu as a, "natural Amish roasted chicken with wild mushroom risotto and a tomato-garlic broth. Served with grilled asparagus." I like ordering risotto at restaurants because when I make it at home it usually ends up too thick or too loose. I was a little hesitant about the tomato-garlic broth, but is was very good addition to the meal. And I am not a huge chicken person (I would take a nice steak over chicken any day), but is was cooked perfectly. For dessert we both ordered the Lavender Creme Brulee which comes with almond cookies. And it was AMAZING! I really need to get my own little kitchen blow torch so I can start trying to make this at home.

So the next day I was out running errands with my mom and our friend Rosann when we decided to grab some appetizers and dessert. They wanted to try out Twisted Fork after I had told them about the creme brulee. We ended up splitting the Caramalized Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Spinach Artichoke Dip. Even it you think you don't like Brussels sprouts by caramelizing them in butter and serving them with bacon they become delicious. The Spinach Artichoke Dip is make with garlic, onion, cream cheese and spinach and served with a baguette. Both appetizers were very good and the others on the menu looked just as delicious.

I would definitely recommend you try out the Twisted Fork Grille. It is a nice addition to the Grand area restaurants. They have a daily happy hour from 3-5 and 9-close, at that time they serve half-priced apps, tap beer and wine. It is moderately priced, but the food is worth the price.

Twisted Fork Grille
Corner of Grand and Hamline Avenues
http://twistedforkgrille.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment